Still More Short Story Starters
One day I have to run out of ideas for this series. Here is yet another set of suggestions to use as short story starters. Hope you find something in this lot that will set your creative juices flowing. Don’t forget to let me know how your writing goes.
Short Story Starters:
- Jack was not impressed. After all, wasn’t he the one who….
- Angela hesitated. “I can still walk away,” she told herself as she moved her finger towards the doorbell.
- It was the last thing Cindy wanted to hear. It was clear that her…
- Dan leaped through the opening. “Yaaaah!” he yelled. “At last I’ve….
- Carol sat up like a guard dog alert to an intruder’s footsteps.
- “How can you possibly think THAT!” yelled Tom. “When I was…
- Ellen noticed that her hands were shaking. Her stomach churned like a giant cement mixer. She felt like….
Conditions of use:
- Feel free to use any of the story starters listed above. Change anything to suit your needs.
- Give it your best shot.
- Edit your work carefully before sending it off to a publisher or posting it on your blog.
- Let me know in the comments section how it went.
- If you publish your story on your web site or on your blog let me know so I can make a link to it for others to read.
So there you go.