Another Seven Short Story Starters
Previously I have written and posted lists of short story starters for writers. These have proven to be quite popular with readers of this blog. So today we have another seven short story starters.
Another Seven Short Story Starters:
- Alison was angry. She had worked so hard for so long. Now it seemed to have been a total waste of time.
- Ben wasted no time getting to the bank. This had to be his lucky day.
- The sudden change in wind direction caught Carol by surprise.
- Daniel gave a polite cough. It didn’t attract the attention he wanted. He cleared his throat, took a deep breath and reached for the bell. It was now or never.
- As the car tyres crunched on the gravel, Eliza realised…
- “I’m going now,’ announced Frank as he opened the door. “Are you coming?”
- Gina stared at the doctor. Her mind churned in confusion. How could she…
Conditions of use:
- Feel free to use any of the story starters listed above.
- Give it your best shot.
- Edit your work carefully before sending it off to a publisher or posting it on your blog.
- Let me know in the comments section how it went.
- If you publish your story on your web site or on your blog let me know so I can make a link to it for others to read.
So there you go.