Seven Short Story Starters
The last time I wrote a list of Sixteen Scintillating Short Story Starters they were very popular – if my site stats are to be believed. It seems plenty of people were looking for story ideas.
So here goes with a new list, this time only seven. Why only seven? I’m tired, I’ve been busy and the day is going quickly. If this is not enough, let me know in the comments section and I’ll try to do more next week.
If the brain is not overloaded too much!
Seven Short Story Starters:
- I think I shall never forget Angela. Especially that fateful day when she…
- John is not one to suffer fools easily. Only last week he…
- “How could you do that?” asked Jennifer. “I always thought that you…”
- I didn’t realise I was so close to the railway track until I heard the roar of the engine bearing down on where I stood crouched. How could I…
- “Stop!” interrupted Tim. “I think I can see the problem. Why don’t we…”
- “There is no use running. There is nowhere to go.” Don paused to allow his statement to sink in. “You might as well sit down and rest. Then we…”
- I’d never seen an elephant outside of a zoo. As I faced the monster in front of me…
- Feel free to use any of the story starters listed above.
- Give it your best shot.
- Edit your work carefully before sending it off to a publisher or posting it on your blog.
- Let me know in the comments section how it went.
- If you publish your story on your web site or on your blog let me know so I can make a link to it for others to read.