How to use your writing time productively
Many freelance writers and bloggers work for themselves. There are many benefits of course, independence being one of them. There are also some downsides; procrastination being just one of them. Using your time wisely and productively is essential.
Take Control of Your Time:
Kellie Campbell on the Writing World site has written an article called “Take Control of our Time!” In this article she outlines a number of effective strategies to help the writer better manage time and in doing so become far more productive.
She covers topics like:
- Using lists and setting priorities
- Learning to say no
- Tackling one task at a time
- Cluster tasks together
- Knowing your energy cycle
- Automating computer tasks
- Keeping track of Projects
- Writing World – writing tips and hints for writers around the world.
- Take Control of Your Time – by Kellie Campbell
- Procrastination and the Writer/Blogger – some hints
- Some Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – this one is on my Birding Blog.
Plenty there to read and think about.
I wanted to be a procrastinator, and I might get around to it when I have more time.