Birthdays are good for you – the more you have, the longer you live.
Happy birthday to me.
No – it’s not one of the BIG ONES (that comes next year).
Birthdays are a good time to reflect on the year just completed. What kind of a year did I have? When I look back over the last year it has been one of some big highs and deep lows.
- My first trip overseas last December and January (see my travel blog).
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Seeing Mt Everest up close (20km is close when you walk in those mountains).
- Getting some fabulous photos on my new digital camera (see my photo gallery)
- Getting my three blogs up and running and getting steadily increasing traffic (hi everyone)
- Getting some of my short stories published
- Accomplishing more writing this year than ever before.
- The depth of the relationships developed in the Bible study group I lead.
- Being diagnosed as diabetic earlier this year
- Struggling for months to adjust to this diabetic life (a work in progress)
- My wife having two serious operations this year
I won’t dwell too much on the lowlights. I struggle with the wise advice to accept such things and confidently say, “This too shall pass.”
There is so much to look forward to, including the exciting potential of my blogs, some writing projects with great promise and the freedom to explore other possibilities, including the prospect of further travel next year.