Writing Prompt #4: About my friend
Time for another writing prompt
Why not try writing about your best friend?
This could be a warm up exercise before getting on with your current writing project. It could also be the gem of and idea for a magazine article. It might also be used as a special letter to enclose with your card or gift when your friend next has a birthday. Whatever you choose to do. The main motivation is to practise your writing and to hone your skills.
Here are some suggestions for writing about your best friend.
- Fifteen reasons why ___________ is my best friend.
- My friend’s favourite foods.
- Thirteen things I like about _______.
- Eight activities I enjoy doing with my friend.
- Three habits of my friend that annoy me intensely.
- Four things I admire about my friend _______.
- How I first met my friend _______.
- Six bizarre facts about my friendship with ______.
- Eleven pieces of evidence that my friend is far crazier than I ever will be.
- Ten things my friend might say about me at my funeral.
Put your friend’s name in the blank spaces.
The numbers are rubbery; use whatever number you prefer because they are only suggestions.
Try the same suggestions, but with someone you cannot stand being with – or even someone you detest. (If you try this activity and write about your wife/husband/partner or significant other, do NOT leave your writing lying around – unless you want to make a less than subtle point or two, or have a death wish.)