Writing Hint #32: Change Your writing environment
Everyone can get into a rut with their writing.
One solution is to change your writing environment. Here is a list of some possible places where you can do your writing:
- In the garden.
- At the beach.
- Sitting by a lake.
- On the grass on a river bank.
- In your local library.
- In your local coffee shop.
- In your local hotel.
- In a national park.
- In a forest.
- In a friend’s house while they are at work or shopping.
- In a church (but not during a service – though I’ve had some great writing ideas while listening to a sermon).
- In a swimming pool (not recommended if you are using a laptop).
- In the bath (forget the laptop here too).
- In bed.
I think I’ll take number 14 right now – it’s a few minutes before midnight.
Good night and good writing.
- Writing hints – an archive of ideas and hints to help you with your writing.