Writing Hint #30: Make a list
This activity can be used in a variety of ways:
- It could be used as a warm up writing exercise to get your brain working.
- It could be used when the dreaded writer’s block comes to visit.
- It could be used as the basis of a blog post.
So it is one thing to say “make a list.”
What kind of list?
Below I have listed some things you could make a list about – but really, the list is limited only by your imagination.
A list of possible list topics:
- Make a list of your favourite foods.
- Make a list of your favourite drinks.
- How many birds can you list?
- Make a list of things you did last week.
- Rank on a list the best ten books you have read.
- Make a list of the songs you can sing (or whistle) from memory.
- In alphabetical order, make a list of the cities (or countries) you have visited.
- Make a list of people you know whose names start with A or C or F or P.
- How many names of countries can you list?
- Make a list of writers who have influenced you.
- Make a list of the bloggers who regularly comment on your blog.
- Make a list of mountain names.
- How many oceans and seas can you list?
- List the most important ten events in your life.
- List the things you wish to accomplish today or this week.