A major writing milestone
Over the years I have plodded along with my writing on this site with little attention to milestones along the way. Only today I suddenly realised that I have passed two significant points quite recently.
- I have now written over 1000 posts here on Trevor’s Writing.
- I have now written approximately three million words over the last 22 years.
Not all of those words were on this site – the figure includes several novels, a daily journal, dozens of essays for my Masters degree, more than 2600 articles on my other sites Trevor’s Birding and Trevor’s Travels, and thousands of emails and letters. Oh… I forgot – I also do all of the maintenance and most of the writing for our church website here.
No wonder my fingers are tired.
The archives of this site now contain over 1000 articles about writing, writing ideas, reading, books, teaching, reviews, poems and short stories. You can access this amazing resource here, or go to the Archives button above.
You can also access articles on various themes or topics in 3 other ways:
- The Contents section on the sidebar.
- The Categories on the sidebar.
- The search button near the top of each page.
As impressive as all of the above is – in my mind anyway – there is one thing I would like to add: “You ain’t seen nothing yet, folks.” Planned for the future include:
- Many thousands more articles about writing.
- More reviews and essays.
- More writing hints and ideas.
- More poems and stories.
- News of forthcoming ebooks and printed books.
Please help me:
I am open to suggestions about what my readers would like to see here on this site. Please respond in the comments, or send me a short email via the Contact form above.
Good writing and reading.
I think I need to give my fingers a rest – and go read a book.
Happy birthday to this blog
Trevor’s Writing is three years old today.
Three years, almost 800 articles about writing, reading and blogging and nearly a thousand comments has been a challenge. In the middle of that I’ve had some serious health issues and I’ve taken on full time study. I must be a little crazy. The journey has been exhilarating.
To celebrate I’d like to highlight a few features of my blog, especially for newer readers. Here are some links for further reading.
- About me – some background about me as a writer.
- My poetry – some samples of the many hundreds of poems I have written, some of which have been published.
- Short fiction – some of my short fiction that I’ve published here for you to read.
- Writing hints – just what it says – hints to help you with your writing.
- Short story starters – stuck for an idea for a short story? Check out these very popular story starters.
- Writing a Novel – links to the journal I am writing about writing a novel in 2009.
- Archives – a complete list of every article ever to appear here on this blog – all 800 and counting.
There you have a veritable smorgasbord of reading to help you with your writing.