Seven More Short Story Starters
A few days ago I wrote a list of seven short story starters for anyone with writer’s block to use. I hope they inspired someone to write an absolutely wonderful story or two or seven.
Here is another seven more short story starters for your consideration.
Seven More Short Story Starters +1
- Peter wondered what would happen if he pressed the green button.
- Annie was devastated. How could she go on knowing what had happened to her friend.
- Roger could hear terrified yelping coming from the near the back door.
- The bright light blinded Karen momentarily, just before she fainted.
- Corey could hardly believe his eyes.
- Felicity stopped. This was not normal. She stared at the open window.
- Frank’s eyes flickered. A sharp pain jabbed through his eyes. He sat up, not understanding what he was looking at.
- Bonus idea: “I can’t see anything,” sobbed Anita.
Conditions of use:
- Feel free to use any of the story starters listed above.
- Give it your best shot.
- Edit your work carefully before sending it off to a publisher or posting it on your blog.
- Let me know in the comments section how it went.
- If you publish your story on your web site or on your blog let me know so I can make a link to it for others to read.