Reflections on my year of writing
1 Comment »30th December, 2006; Category: Blogging, The Writer's Life
With the end of 2006 just around the corner, it is time for a little reflection on this year. It was a year of highlights and lowlights.
Highlights of 2006:
- Trekking the Himalayas in January – simply awesome.
- Getting serious about blogging and being able to write over 800 articles on my three blogs.
- Writing over a quarter of a million words this year, more than double my previous best year.
- Achieving almost 1400 hours of writing, nearly double my previous best year. This figure equates to a average just on four hours per day which is very pleasing seeing there have been quite a few days where I did no writing at all.
- Spending several weeks on holiday with my son and daughter in law in Sydney.
Lowlights of 2006:
- Being diagnosed as diabetic and having to come to terms with managing this condition.
- Supporting my wife through some serious health issues, including several operations.
Over all, however, it has been a productive, though challenging year. I’ve learned a great deal about the writing life, and the blogger’s life in particular and this should help me get off to a flying start next year.
Looking forward to 2007:
- Next year I plan to keep going on my three blogs. I see great potential in blogging, at least in the immediate future.
- I also plan to get really serious about submitting to print publishers. I have quite a collection of manuscripts of novels and picture book texts which need to be submitted for possible publication.
That is the big challenge ahead for me in 2007.
[…] Reflections on my year of writing – from this time last year. […]