My writing goals for 2007
2 Comments »1st January, 2007; Category: The Writer's Life
Happy New Year to all my readers.
I hope that 2007 brings much satisfaction and success in your writing life.
I have never really been a person who makes New Year’s resolutions. I prefer to set some goals for my life, things that can be easily measured and where progress can be clearly demonstrated.
So here are a few of my writing goals for 2007:
My Writing Goals for 2007:
- To maintain regular posts on my three blogs.
- To write a total of 1000 posts on my blogs (up from 800 in 2006)
- To write for a total of 1500 hours during the year (up from 1400 hours in 2006).
- To average at least 1000 words per day for the whole year (up from 750 words per day in 2006).
- To submit to publishers the three novels for children I have already written.
- To submit to publishers the five picture book texts for children I have already written.
- To submit 10 poems to publishers.
- To submit 10 short stories to publishers.
What are your writing goals for this year?
Let me know in the comments section below.
[…] On January 1st I posted a short article listing some of my writing goals for 2007. Setting goals is important in many walks of life. It is very important in a writer’s life because in many cases the writer is his or her own boss. It is easy just to aimlessly drift along. In this way the output wanes or meanders with no real purpose or goal. […]
[…] My writing goals for 2007 – yes, I’ll be honest: I’m doing really well on the first four and hopelessly on the last four. Time for a review I think. […]