Making your writing more readable
Most writers aim to communicate with their readers.
For your writing to communicate with your readers, it needs to be readable. For a text to be readable it has some – if not all – of these characteristics:
- It must be easily understood.
- It must be free of errors.
- It must keep to the point.
- It must be enjoyable or meet a reader’s need.
- It must be concise, not rambling on unnecessarily.
- 5 Rules for effective writing
- Easy reading and the art of writing
- Five things successful writers do
- Top 5 writing hints
- 23 ways to become a better writer
This article was in response to an article posted by Raj Dash on the Performancing Blog. The article is called 7 suggestions for making your blog writing more accessible. My thanks to Darren Rowse for this link.