Most people suffer from a variety of illnesses during their lives. I’ve certainly had my fair share of them over the last twenty years especially. Some people experience multiple illnesses and at different stages of life. Other people have a severe disability of some sort. Coping with prolonged illness or a lifelong disability can have many challenges, disappointments and frustrations.
On our visit to Ethiopia a few years ago we took the opportunity to visit the craft shop in the grounds of the leprosy hospital. All the craft work on sale was produced by leprosy victims as a part of their therapy and rehabilitation. These ladies in particular were proud to show off their wonderful handiwork. I wrote about our visit here on my travel site.
How do you cope with illness? Or a disability?
- Write about a time you were very ill.
- Write about caring for a loved one with a serious illness.
- Write about how you would cope with a disability?
- Write about a friend or family member suffering a severe illness.
- Imagine dying from a serious illness. Write your own eulogy or obituary.