I have not read a single book on the craft of writing which has mentioned the benefits of chocolate as a tool essential for writing and writers except one who mentioned it in an interview and only then in passing.
I think there is a niche market there just waiting to be exploited.
Some working titles for books about chocolate and writing:
- How chocolate can improve your writing (a book for beginners)
- The age of chocolate (for historical fiction writers)
- Hand over the chocolate and no-one will get hurt (for crime writers)
- Zen and the art of eating chocolate while writing your novel (for novelist bikies)
- The elements of chocolate and your writing style (to help with your grammar)
- Fiction and the art of choosing chocolate (for fiction writers)
- Chocolate and inspiration (for religious writers)
- Dark chocolate (for horror/gothic writers)
- Choc Wars (for SF writers)
- Star Choc (for SF television series writers)
- N.C.I.S. Down Under (N.C.I.S. = No Chocolate Is Safe) (a manual for writers of the proposed television series)
- Chocbusters (for those writers about debunking the myths about chocolate)
If you have any other suggestions please leave them in the comments section.